Mar 10, 2016

Feeling Fresh

Different is not comfortable
but different is good

Today I was different because I posted on my blog

Yesterday I was different because I didn't go to work
In fact I quit my job
My life isn't worth 8$/hour right now because
I have the rest of my life to do that

I went with a friend I don't see too often and we rode ripstiks and longboards
down a hill in his neighborhood that I don't know
I got lost in the feeling of the sunlight on my arm
I felt the shivers and the happiness from being free for now

I did something different by inviting new people to a campfire
we listened to folk music and classic punk
as we roasted our brats on the sticks that we carved
Somebody started playing guitar and I started playing the harmonica
and he sang words to a song that none of us knew
not even himself
but we all knew how important this song was right now

I was different because instead of worrying about issues right now
I put my faith in the thought that I won't be here much longer
and that I can start a new life when I leave to go to college
I can get a fresh start
and fully experience and understand who I am
Different is not comfortable, but you quickly learn make yourself cozy



3 comments:

  1. "and he sang words to a song that none of us knew
    not even himself
    but we all knew how important this song was right now"

    ooooh i love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the art. glad you're catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Say whatever you're thinking. Don't let your thought disappear