Mar 31, 2016

These Moments


I was the person who made the "These Moments" journal page that Nelson showed to the class
I heard that few people thought that the idea was cool or something
and Nelson said something along the lines of "It makes me want to look up all these songs"

so

I've gone through and linked them a little behind of where the moment happens
so that you can get some context of the song
the yellow is when the moment is though, just in case you miss it

this reminds me of nelson's activity of the beautiful lines vs the tragic lines
many of these could go both ways
but click on one and listen in


these moments...

New Map - M83 [3:08]
(really this is less of a moment and more of a beginning of a long serene section. lasts until 21min marker for those who want to listen. One of my favorite things I've ever listened to)
 - another great moment at [4:54] -
The last 3 songs close the list because they are closing songs on their respective albums



I understand this is a bunch to look at/listen to, but if nothing else check out the last 3


Please comment one of your favorite moments






3 comments:

  1. Some of my favorites that you posted
    New map-M83
    The Mercury program-Sultans of El Sur
    The only moment we were alone-explosions in the sky
    Foreground- grizzly bear

    A moment I like is
    left hand free- alt J the first 33 seconds
    And I think this idea is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. favorite moments: hands down every Explosions In the Sky, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor

    This idea is fantastic, especially that you listed the specific moment in the song where you feel your chest swell up. I think that's special.

    Have you listened to, "The Big Ship" by Brian Eno? It makes me feel like my heart is gonna burst in the best of ways.

    ReplyDelete

Say whatever you're thinking. Don't let your thought disappear