Mar 28, 2016

Small Victories



Click here before you read the post


This week was a win for me

- I looked through old recordings of myself from 2012-2014
- I was excited to go to school
- Enjoyed a good time with old friends
- Found two jackets that were previously missing
- Found an old Kanye West CD that I had forgotten about since it was missing for something like six years. It sounds fantastic in my car
- No more attendance school for term 3 thank god


Although this week wasn't a loss for me
it was a loss for the world
Today I found and read this:

"Knowing that an individual death is meaningless - any individual
death, especially your own - that you are not a person, but a statistic
- and noticing, more each day, the countless deaths that occur around
you - of other people, of animals, of insects, of the sick and infirm, of
accident victims, of plants ripped from the earth and worms crushed
beneath the blades of plows - of authors in their rooms, scribbling out
desperate words in the backs of books no one will ever read- even the
shattering of molecular bonds, the disintegration of atomic structures,
happening in every moment, millions in each nanosecond, everywhere -

This is Deathconsciousness -
And It begs the question - “What is the point?"'

When I first read that I thought about a recent headline
about another bombing in an Iraq park
I thought about that headline
and how it included a number
it includes the number of people killed
a statistic
just like it said

It's awful
It's terrifying
It's depressing to think about the future of us
The future of you and me is depressing
We are the first generation in American history
that is expected to do worse financially than our parents
and with things like
pollution
terrorism
hatred
racism
political correctness
..how the hell are we supposed to take it on?

They say the future is uncertain, but I'm certain the future isn't something to look forward to



1 comment:

  1. Yes yes, exactly. This is a big part of the reason I try not to think so hard about the future and why I don't read the news that often.

    ReplyDelete

Say whatever you're thinking. Don't let your thought disappear